Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Yami no Matsuei licensed?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I agree with all of you. Its painful to accept it, but we must let Yami go TT.

    I vote for stopping the scanlations. It?s the right thing to do (no one said that for being the right thing to do, it wasn?t going to be painful) and besides I can?t use IRC ^^;;;

    PS. Crisis I luv? your new avatar ^^.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 05, 2004 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Countess D ]</font>

  2. #22
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Yami as much as the next, but I always thought it good form to discontinue the scanlations completly once a manga has been liscensed, out of respect for the manga author.

    What would happen if three more titles that S-C.net scanlated were liscensed? People would be shouting for THEM to be IRC releases as well. "You did it to Yami! Do it to this one and that one!" And then you have people who can't get into IRC at ALL, so wouldn't that be unfair to them? They would know that we're offering Yami, but they can't get to it.

    And on the main page of Sakura-Crisis it says:
    sakura-crisis.net is a website dedicated to scanlating the lesser known manga of Japan. Our aim is to get the attention of English translating companies so that they may officially licence these much neglected works, so that they may recieve the recognition they deserve.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If Yami is indeed liscensed, S-C.net has done what it set out to do. As much as we hate to do it, we have to let Yami, and ALL liscensed manga, go when the time comes. Then move on, and bring another great manga and mangaka to the attention of the scanlation reading community.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member co0kies's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Tsubaki-chan:
    Arg, that's a tough question! On the one hand I don't want S-C to get into trouble...on the other, I think I'd /personally/ sell my sould to read more YnM. [img]confused.gif[/img] *head hurts* What does everyone else think?

    -Tsu-chan
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto here... I would really like for YnM to continue... but... [img]redface.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Scarlets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not easy to get manga around where I live.. and that's wat makes yami no matsuei licenced sooooo painful.. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    I love yami no matsuei soo much but we just have to let it go, ne?

    I think continuing yami in irc is indeed a good idea for someone like me coz it's kinda hard to get manga which is somewhat shonen-ai here..

    But if you guys disagree, then I'll just go for finishing book 5. But I really really want yami to be continued...
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 25, 2004 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Amethyst ]</font>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •